Jason S. Miyares
Attorney General of Virginia


Electric, Gas or Water Company

The State Corporation Commission's Division of Energy Regulation (Division) regulates electric, gas and water utility companies and responds to utility complaints. The Division's web site contains information about the Division as well as consumer information.

Please note that the Division does not regulate municipal utilities. For complaints about municipal utilities, you should contact your local government.

SCC's Division of Energy Regulation

Toll free in Virginia: 1-800-552-7945

Outside Virginia & Richmond Area: (804) 371-9611



If you have a complaint about bottled or tank propane gas, you may file a complaint with our office.

File a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General


For further assistance call our Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-552-9963 if calling from Virginia, or (804) 786-2042 if calling from the Richmond area or from outside Virginia.  Our business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.