ELDER ABUSE AND NEGLECT SQUAD
If you would like to report a suspected case of Medicaid fraud or have questions, please contact us at
804-371-0779 or 1-800-371-0824, email us at MFCU_mail@oag.state.va.us.
The Elder Abuse and Neglect Squad of the Virginia Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit(MFCU)investigates allegations ofabuse or neglect of elderly and incapacitated adults receiving Medicaid benefits in the Commonwealth. During fiscal year 2008-2009, the squad was formally defined as a separate entity within the MFCU. The Elder Abuse and Neglect Squad strives to ensure rapid response to referrals, effective investigations, and successful outcomes that will ensure Virginia’s vulnerable adults receive the highest quality of care possible in both home and institutional settings.
Signs of Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Burns, welts, scratches, bruises, cuts
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains
- Restrained, tied to bed or chair
- Mistrust of others
- Unsanitary or unsafe housing
- Inappropriate or inadequate clothing
- Lacks needed supervision
- Untreated medical condition
- Lacks needed dentures, glasses, hearing aids or medication