The Shenandoah Valley
- CHARGE Gang Task Force
- Community Action, Southwest Virginia
- Harrisonburg Community Resource Center
- Our Community Place- Harrisonburg
- Shenandoah Office on Youth
- Shenandoah Family Resource and Referral Center
- Shenandoah Valley Helpline- 1-800-230-6977
- The Community Foundation- Harrisonburg
- Winchester, Augusta, Staunton and State Police (WASSP) Gang Unit
*These resources are not operated or endorsed by the Office of the Attorney General, and serve only as helpful information for reference purposes. We are not responsible for their content.
Spotlight in the Shenandoah Valley
SAW 2010 started in late 2007 in response to an uptick in gang activity in the Valley. As a collaboration between law enforcement, government, and community members, the organization seeks to educate residents in Valley through mini community sessions, as well as the media about the current state of gangs in the region. They also encourage and inspire residents, businesses, churches, and community groups to get more involved with youth in the Valley. SAW 2010 is an amazing resource for parents and concerned residents in the Shenandoah Valley, as they not only offer help to those in need, they also encourage the community to volunteer in the fight to save the Valley from violence of gangs.